Have you ever had a condom break on you during sex? It’s terrifying. The good news is that it is avoidable in the future, as long as you learned why it happened. Condom bursting, tearing, breaking, ripping can because by a number of things...
Sometimes, condom fail to give the protection they are worn for – mostly due to the fault of the user. Most often than not, it is as a result of improper use (wearing) of the condom and , like people has severally said, a condom is 98% effective if used well and 0% effective if wrongly used.
It can be terrifying sometimes to find that the condom you are wearing is broken and your sexual safety has been compromised, with possible pregnancy and/or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
Have you ever had a condom break on you? It’s terrifying. The good news is that it is avoidable in the future, as long as you learned why it happened.
Condom bursting, tearing, breaking, ripping can because by a number of things:
- Expired/wrongly stored – an expired condom or one that was stored in extreme temperatures, left in wallets and places where pressure is applied to it. It weakens and might tear
- Air bubble in the condom – if you allow air bubble to remain when wearing the condom, you might have a pressure point that will lead to a tear when thrusting
- Too tight – if the condom is too tight, it could tear during sex
- Not lubricated – the condom’s material became dry and hot because not enough additional lubricant was added;
- Oil-based lube – if you use improvised oil-based lubricant like Vaseline or other petroleum jelly, you could weaken the condom leading to a leak/tear
- Wrongly opened – if you opened condom with your teeth, scissors, or a knife you can compromise the integrity and rip it. when you attempt sex, it is likely to tear further
- Hairy vaginal/Penis area – during sex involving hairy pubic region, there is the possibility that hair strands are pushed in and the continuous friction can tear the condom
- Newly shaved vagina – hair on a newly shaved vagina is prickly and sharp. It can tear the condom at the slightest contact
- Lack of space at the tip of a condom – when wearing a condom, you need to leave a little space at the tip. If this is not done, it could tear, especially during ejaculation